Quantity Surveyor- Residential/House Building- Holmfirth- Freelance
Our Client has a reputation for building desirable homes, with a modern approach to living. They pride ourselves on our attention to detail, quality craftsmanship and building homes that our owners love to live in.
The home building sector in general, are growing rapidly. We have secured a healthy local pipeline and our strong 5-year projections will enable us to develop many more sites within the Yorkshire area, and beyond. It is a very exciting time!
The Quantity Surveyor Role
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to manage the commercial resources of the various residential projects.
As our Quantity Surveyor, you will work closely alongside our Commercial Management team and our Site teams to ensure efficient and effective package tendering, quantifying and procurement of materials, sub-contractor package placements and managing sub-contractor accounts. The candidate will also be expected to support the Construction team with commercial and contractual expertise.
Responsibilities For Quantity Surveyor
- Material procurement to ensure maximum profitability on projects whilst maintaining the quality and finish which set this company apart from the regular housebuilder
- Accountability for maintaining profitability and positive cash position. Monitoring each stage of construction for secured projects to make sure that costs are in line with forecasts
- Preparing, managing and reporting on cost plans and resolving commercial issues
- Obtaining quotations and placing sub-contract and supplier orders with various trades
- Managing/measuring labour-only contractors working on-site. Preparing CIS payments
- Liaison and co-ordination with site delivery team
- Providing site delivery team with commercial and contractual expertise
- Working with the sales team to facilitate customer-specific requests for individual homes.
- Working with the Construction Manager to improve site efficiency and overall quality
- Subcontractor management and contract administration
- Cost checking of invoices from subcontractors and suppliers
- Cost Valuation Reconciliation and Cash-flow forecast management/preparation
- Providing commercial support to Directors on a range of projects
- Preparation of monthly applications and final accounts, recording and processing of variations and early warning notices
Skills And Attributes For Quantity Surveyor
- Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying with experience of working in the residential construction industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quantity Surveying with proven track record in successfully managing a project
- Proficient IT Skills with a range of Microsoft office packages is essential
- Ability to co-ordinate and liaise direct labour
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients and stakeholders
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Able to work as part of a team and independently including setting and managing own tasks.
- RTPI/RICS qualified or working towards a qualification
- Full Time - 37.5 hours a week
- Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Location: Holmfirth | Salary: 200 - 250 per day | Job type: Contract | Posted: 13/01/2022