North West based client are currently looking for an Assistant Estimator to join their busy team in Stockport on a permanent basis to and provide support to the Estimating team with the day-to-day management of the department in relation to tendering for and winning new contracts. This will involve working towards submission, co-ordination and management of tenders and meeting tight deadlines in all relevant activities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is early in their career looking for a stable and fast paced office to progress.
Essentials & Desirables
- Although not essential; the role is suitable to those who are currently studying or have completed a Higher Education qualification in a construction-related subject HNC, HND, and Degree or other equivalent industry-recognised qualification.
- Computer literate, excel proficient
- Excellent organisation, communication & time management skills
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities: -
- Monitor potential incoming enquiries
- Check, acknowledge and review tender documents and distribute to appropriate parties
- Prepare and send out sub-contract and material enquiries using enquiry system
- Where required produce accurate take-off
- Maintain up-to-date market knowledge of labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
- Manage, as directed, enquiries for labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
- Price bills/schedules analytically and produce quote comparisons
- Complete tender pricing for adjudication by the Senior Estimator, including reporting on any risks or onerous conditions, providing a winning edge
- On secured projects prepare information for handover to the contract team
- Assist in developing company estimating library
- Answer queries from supply chain
- Attend site visits, obtain feedback and prepare any reports as necessary
- Liaise with other members of the bid team during the compilation of the tender.
The successful candidate will be able to work to deadlines, capable of problem solving and ability to communicate effectively. They will be comfortable working on multiple bids, well organised and a team player. The successful candidate will be someone who has no issues working to own initiative but also seeks assistance when required.
You will receive a competitive salary, generous holiday package, flexible working, and a package to be discussed at interview.
Location: Stockport | Salary: 25000 - 30000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 16/04/2021