Contracts Manager- Ipswich- Residential
The successful Contracts Manager will be joining our client at an exciting time as we launch our new Housing Division. To lead this part of the Group, we are looking for an experienced and pragmatic individual with proven experience of managing Traditional House Building projects.
You will be responsible for managing a site workforce capable of constructing the product in a safe and diligent manner to the exacting high standards of our Brand on time and in line with the budgeted costs. This will also include reporting to the Managing Director any risks, opportunities, and any mitigation strategies to maintain the project completion date.
- Develop, update, and implement the Construction Stage Plan, Programme and the Health and Safety Plan to include all stakeholder requirements and interfaces.
- Ensure that the site team have all RAMS for both direct and sub-contract works in place and are suitable for the activities being undertaken / as listed in the Risk Register.
- Be actively involved in the detailed review, analysis, and monitoring of the procurement process.
- Oversee on a day-to-day basis the Design team to ensure that production targets are achieved and a high quality of finish is maintained.
- Review actual design and construction progress and prepare and maintain an updated project programme in conjunction with Site Management and Planner.
- Carry out site progress meetings and monitor the sub-contract progress meetings to ensure the effective and efficient organisation of labour etc.
- Ensure the Design and Commercial teams are working to the TES in line with the relevant specifications and cost plan.
- Ensure that all the team understand risks and opportunities of potential change orders throughout the project.
- Experience in leading Traditional House Building projects from start to finish.
- Proven ability to define and implement the right strategy depending on the circumstances and requirements.
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced construction environment
- Experience in leading teams to deliver.
- Flexible to meet the demands of the role.
- Mental and intellectual toughness to confront and solve problems, often through others as well as by themselves.
- Politically astute to know when to flag issues and escalate situations.
- Self-confident enough to stand their ground when appropriate.
- Accountability to accept when progress is not going as expected and to make personal changes to ensure corrective action.
- Professional honesty and integrity in dealing with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
- Experience of working on projects from £5 million to £50 million plus.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (BSc. Engineering / Project Management preferred)
- Both New Build and Refurbishment Experience.
- Similar role with a Developer or Design Build Contractor.
- Solid commercial acumen.
Location: Ipswich | Salary: 80000 - 115000 per year | Job type: Contract | Posted: 10/01/2022