Estimator – Manchester – Construction - £50,000 - £65,000 & Package
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Estimator from a main contracting background for a Warrington based contractor. The requirement is for an experienced Estimator who has experience of general construction, fit out, refurbishment and industrial units.
Projects are located throughout the North West and Yorkshire and will be predominantly industrial units and office fit outs. Projects can range in value from £500,000 - £5M. You will have extensive experience in industrial sectors and and have worked for main contractors previously.
Estimator Position Benefits
- Salary £50,000 - £65,000 (Dependant on experience)
- Car allowance
- Pensions scheme
Role And Responsibilities:
- Liaise and support client engagement before, during and following the tender process to fully understand the client’s requirements.
- Prepare and ensure tender submissions are submitted accurately and on time.
- Conduct take offs and produce Bill of Quantities on projects
- Engage with supply chain to obtain accurate quotes for materials and services to establish true cost estimates.
- Understand and scrutinise the supply chain quotations ensuring accuracy, value for money and resolve cost discrepancies whilst maintaining profitability.
- Understand and present financial overviews of tenders and their value for adjudication.
- Develop the Company’s current supply chain introducing new suppliers and subcontractors.
- Help to develop new business by introducing new tender opportunities.
- Work with existing pre-construction team to view project information, complete tenders etc.
- Have a thorough understanding of project, scope of works and restrictions imposed by contractual requirements and site conditions.
- Prepare a handover pack and presentation for the construction team when handing over secured tenders.
- Work closely and assist with the pre-construction team on quality questions and further bid requirements.
- Communicate regularly and effectively to all team members.
- Help ensure that the Company maintains its image for quality and value for money within its budget and profit targets.
- A strong knowledge of building industry practices, processes and requirements
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety matters including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Ability to communicate and interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of a range of different construction techniques, including sustainable and environmental construction their practical implications
- Ability to work to timescales under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Possess a good level of practical skill in the use of Microsoft Office packages and estimating software e.g. Conquest.
- 5 years’ experience as an estimator and working within the preconstruction department
- Good technical construction knowledge.
- Construction related degree (preferred but not essential).
- Good time management skills.
- Full clean driving licence.
Location: Warrington | Salary: 50000 - 65000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 14/02/2024