Quantity Surveyor (Refurbishment/Planned Works)
National based client is looking for an Experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their vibrant office on a permanent basis in Wrexham. They are an award winning company specialising in property maintenance, refurb and new build.
The successful candidate will be working on a broad range of contracts including Social Housing Refurbishments, Refits, Voids and Planned works/ Public sector & NHS refurbishments and some passive fire protection works.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to progress in their career, and join a long standing, family-run company that offers an array of benefits, health care, reward schemes and a future to look forward to! They provide opportunities to help you grow and progress your career. Hard-working and enthusiastic people are rewarded which is reflected in their long standing employees!
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be required to liaise with Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated project/ contracts.
- Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
- Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
- Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client’s representative.
- Prepare monthly valuation reports
- Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
- Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
- Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
- Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
- Site working/visits throughout the UK dependent upon programmes of works.
- Holds the relevant qualifications
- 5-10 years experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Social Housing/Planned Works experience essential
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
What you will receive?
- Salary £45k+
- Benefit scheme
- Holiday package (With the option to buy/sell holidays!!)
- Flexible working
- Discount vouchers across UK retails
If you think you could be right for this role, submit your CV today!
Location: Wrexham | Salary: 45000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 15/04/2021