Our client are looking a motivated, self starting individual who understands what it means to take the lead and overall responsibility for the delivery of projects that could range in up to £15m. The successful candidate will understand how to manage the full process including the contractual elements but focuses on establishing relationships with clients, supply chain and consultants as well as the team in order to get the best outcomes for the project. The role will be site based.
You will be joining a small core team and be integral to how the major project team grows and develops to effectively deliver schemes and enhance the company reputation.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a project lead on projects in the range £2m - £15m
- Driving license
- Refurbishment and structural remodelling
- Heritage building work
- City centre locations
- Commercial Office fit-out
- D and B Projects
- Temporary works
Duties and responsibilities
- Role will be to lead a project team consisting of commercial, design and site operational staff to deliver projects successfully by developing a programme to manage design and procurement then delivery of the scheme safely to client satisfaction.
- You will also work with commercial team to manage and monitor against project budget including prelims
- Taking handover of the tender ahead of mobilisation you will be expected to work with the Contracts Manager and commercial team to understand the contract documents and the proposed plan for delivery. You will then take this on to the delivery stage from set up of the project to handover including:
- Developing and maintaining a live Construction Phase Plan.
- Lead by example in terms of Health and Safety requirements and set out and communicate all key requirements of project through the CPP and into the inductions and site procedures
- Assisting the commercial team with scoping out and procuring sub-contractor to deliver packages of work in line with procurement plan.
- Setting up suitable site welfare, security and logistics in line with the tender plan. Including liaising with statutory authorities and neighbours and tenants.
- Support a design manager in ensuring design deliverables are produced in order to maintain programme and also provide technical / buildability input into design development.
- Delegating and managing a site team of managers, supervisors and operatives to ensure the project is effectively managed in terms of Safety, Quality and programme.
- Reporting both internally and externally to the client by means of formal progress reporting.
- Planning and coordinating works in line with programme and ensuring all necessary SSOW are in place prior to works packages commencing.
- Monitoring and managing performance of supply chain.
- Ensuring the contract is adhered to including any necessary contractual notices are issued in a timely manner to either client or supply chain if required.
- Implementing change control process with the commercial and design team
- Coordinating temporary works designs and checking prior to authorising loading / stripping.
- Set up systems to ensure delivery of key targets of sustainability and environmental requirements such as BREEAM (Construction elements), Considerate Constructors and Waste Management plans.
- Development of Quality Test and Inspection plan that mirrors the requirements of the contract documents and ensures we deliver quality.
- Set-up and manage the handover process – counting down to PC date to ensure smooth handover with client.
- As well as leading the on site delivery team you will work closely with the Contracts Manager and Major Projects director in both ensuring all projects are resourced correctly and in putting in the planning of upcoming projects.
Whats in it for you?
- Competitive salary £50-60k DOE
- Holiday package
- Pension scheme
Location: | Salary: 50000 - 60000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 03/06/2021