West Midlands based Construction company are looking for a Buyer to join their thriving team.
You will be joining an established market leading fit out company who have a strong reputation for delivering high quality projects across the retail, leisure, hospitality, commercial and education.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants longevity in their career to be part of a thriving workplace with excellent employee benefits.
If you have experience working in a Buyer role in a Construction company, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Responsible for the procurement of all materials, plant, logistics and waste removal necessary to complete the project.
- Advice on specification, suitability and availability of products.
- Negotiating and placing orders with suppliers.
- Liaison with Contracts Managers
- Account agreement with suppliers
- Monitoring suppliers performance
- Project cost monitoring.
- Provide support to the Contracts & Commercial teams helping them to make best use of their time. This role plays a vital part in the administration and smooth running of the business.
- To assist with the implementation of both the H&S and Environmental systems, policy and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Responsibility for specific projects and tasks.
- Ensure waste carrier and broker licenses are up to date and appropriate information returned from site.
- Maintain document control / filing and document processes for the efficient management of projects
- Perform data entry and recording on various websites and internal databases.
- Adhoc projects / duties as required
- Potential to act as office first aider / fire warden with appropriate training
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Professional and pleasant personality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and manage the pressure of conflicting demands and prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi task
- To work independently as well as in a team
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Be persistent & enthusiastic.
- Tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Reliable and honest.
WHAT WILL YOU GET IN RETURN?
- Holiday package with 1 additional days per annum
- Life assurance, Medical Health, Pension scheme
- On the job Training
- £30k Salary
Location: Lichfield | Salary: 30000 per year | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 07/07/2021