Our client is recruiting for an Estimator with industrial experience in Ashford, Kent.
Due to company expansion and, therefore, increased work load, an exciting opportunity for an estimator has arisen however the need for industrial experience is needed i.e.; Warehouse, manufacturing plants, workshops etc.
The current projects range from 2mill-10mill therefore, the main requirement for this role would be for the candidate to be able to handle their own tender (s).
Other main duties involved are:
- analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs
- researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- analysing data that can affect costs (such as currency exchange rates and the company’s productivity rates)
- assessing the financial, technical and operational risks of the project
- The role is office based, however, visiting the odd project site to gather information would be necessary
- staying aware of the latest construction technologies
- keeping up to date with the latest regulatory and legislative requirements
- inputting into decisions over whether to bid for the project
- working closely with key members of the project team (such as the bid manager) and liaising with clients and suppliers
- keeping detailed records and writing reports.
The salary is dependant on the candidate’s experience.
Location: Ashford, Kent | Salary: | Job type: | Posted: 01/01/0001