We are seeking a senior estimator to join our Design and Build team. As a senior estimator, you will be responsible for calculating construction cost estimates, and you will be involved in the planning, development, negotiation, and contract execution of a project.
To be successful as a senior estimator, you should have excellent communication skills and great attention to detail. Outstanding senior estimators are able to negotiate with a range of professionals, make accurate time and cost estimates, and resolve any issues that arise.
Senior Estimator Responsibilities:
- Determining the total cost of materials, utilities, equipment and labour for construction projects.
- Researching construction documents and analysing specifications.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Regularly reporting to Management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Keeping track of the latest estimating technology and industry-related techniques.
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
Location: Reading | Salary: 50000 - 70000 per | Job type: Permanent | Posted: 06/06/2022