Salary: £50 - 60K DOE
My client is a successful and rapidly growing company who now require a Quantity Surveyor to support the company in its further expansion.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be working as part of an established team in the company’s social housing sector, based at the Wolverhampton Head office.
8am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- You will be responsible for visiting sites (Council properties occupied and non-occupied) following a confirmed calendar appointment.
- You will be responsible for undertaking measurement of completed and pre-survey works and producing a detailed report on the works content in relation to the purchase order received from the client. They will be responsible for adds/omits to the purchase order and understanding the priority codes and uplifts that need to be applied to the works to be carried out.
- You will be responsible for entering full details of the report on to the internal company systems. Ensuring that reports and costings are provided to the internal team and the external client teams
- You will be responsible for providing monthly valuations of work they oversee to the senior quantity surveyor.
- You will be responsible for providing detailed cash flow forecasts for works completed and populate commercial reporting.
- You will be responsible for reviewing the monthly subcontractor applications, ensuring accuracy via re-measuring of works that are being applied for
- You will be responsible for quantifiying direct delivery cost and ensuring accurate material allocation to the works.
- You will be responsible for ensuring final accounts are completed promptly on completion of works on site and provided to the senior quantity surveyor for review.
- You will be responsible for working on your set objectives outlined by line Manager.
- You will be responsible for working within the company values and accountable behaviors
What skills/experience will you need?
This role requires the applicant to have a good working knowledge in the building/refurb industry.
This is a fast-paced industry, and we are looking for someone who is dynamic in their approach.
You will need a good knowledge of trades and relevant costs within this industry and understand codes and relevant uplift required. (Training provided).
Applicants must be able to drive (have a full UK licence) and be fully conversant with computer data entry (full training given on bespoke systems).
Location: Wolverhampton | Salary: 50000 - 60000 per year | Job type: | Posted: 06/06/2022